Where are you planning on spending your summer? (Should we have one this year!) Here's some fantastic outfit choices for wherever you are (...or maybe just where you want to be!)
Somewhere In A Field In Hampshire (Alright?)
Festival bound this summer? Whether you're going to Bestival, Download, Reading, Leeds, Latitude, Isle of Wight or the mother of them all, Glastonbury - this is your uniform! (And survival pack!)
1. Rock and Roll Tee
- Rock and Roll T-Shirts are a must have at a music festival. We've selected a retro Levi's Tee, and you can sub for pretty much any band or music tee.
2. Denim Shorts
- Another rock classic. Can't go wrong with the summer version of your fave pair of Levi's jeans. These are Levi's 511 shorts, meaning they are a modern slim cut. None of your baggy shorts here!
3. Bucket Hat
- Since The Stone Roses brought this to indie fashion in the 80s and 90s, a bucket hat has been an essential at any festival or gig. Great for when its hot and sunny too. This Pretty Green Camley Paisley bucket hat is a must-have.
4. Retro 60s McGuinn Sunglasses
- Simply the coolest sunglasses this side of 1966. Madcap England's McGuinn Sunglasses in a Steve Marriott inspired purple will mean you'll be stopped every couple of minutes by someone asking, 'Where did you get those?!'
5. Natty Trainers
- Retro trainers are the footwear of choice. We've picked these Gola Harrier Trainers in a classic indie mod colour way and in leather so they will fair better in the muddy fields compared to their suede counterparts.
6. Hooded Windbreaker
- If you're going to an outdoor music festival, you must be prepared for rain! (It's practically guaranteed!) This lightweight retro overhead jacket from Fila Vintage is perfect for festivals with a half zip neck, drawstring hood and elasticated waist and cuffs - it'll keep you dry (ish!) while not being too heavy or big to lug around with you.
Spendin' Summer Poolside
1. Retro T-Shirts
- Can never have too many retro tees, and it's as if Ben Sherman knew we'd be hangin' out poolside this summer with this fab retro guitar shaped pool tee. Summer mod style.
2. Wayfarer Sunglasses
- The Wayfarer is a style that looks good on everyone. Since Ray-Ban developed it's first Wayfarer back in 1956, the style has had many updates, twists and details added to it, but you can't go wrong with a classic Wayfarer look. These Ray-Ban New Wayfarer Sunglasses are perfect for summer. (In case you were wondering, the New Wayfarer differs from the classic Wayfarer Sunglasses by being slightly smaller and less angled than it's classic style brother).
3. Beach shoes
- These Lyle & Scott mesh plimsoles are perfect beach to evening wear. Mesh upper keeps your feet cool and comfy.
4. Swim Shorts
- Naturally if we're hanging out by the pool, you might like to take a dip! These retro 70s pool print swim shorts from Afield Clothing are perfect. Quick dry fabric too!
5. Bluetooth Speaker (Battery powered!)
- Take your music wherever you go this summer with the GPO Retro Mini Westwood, a battery operated, mini bluetooth speaker which will give up to 5 hours of playback time when fully charged.S Stream music from your phone or MP3 player. Also available in black.
Shop this outfit here!
Summer In The City
Can't escape the city this summer? Things can certainly hot up city centre in the summer months. Take these city essentials with you look smart and keep cool.
1. Summer shirt
- Short sleeve shirts can be as smart as a long sleeve these days. If you work in a more formal environment you might want to swap for a short sleeve oxford shirt, but if not, try this fab cheesecloth style woven gingham shirt from Farah Vintage?
2. Tailored Shorts
- Tailored chino shorts are smart enough for the office and will keep you cool on those hot and sweaty commutes. These Lyle & Scott cotton twill garment dyed shorts are perfect.
3. Summer Pork Pie Hat
- Add a mod touch to your summer in the city with a summer version of a Pork Pie hat. The Rico Pork Pie hat by Dasmarca is woven completely from paper!
4. Mod Sunglasses
- Sunglasses are always a must. You'll want to look your sharpest so try these new Hexagonal shaped blue flash lens Sunglasses from Ray-Ban. A contemporary, angular update on the classic round sunglasses.
5. Basketweave Shoes
- Smart and summer ready, these Lacuzzo Italian style basketweave shoes are a full weave (not stamp!) Premium quality and finely crafted. Perfect smart shoes which stand out from the rest.
6. Retro Backpack
- A backpack is an essential at any time of year. Eastpak bags are so confident in their rucksacks, they come with a 30 year guarantee. We've picked the Eastpak Out Of Office backpack which has a padded laptop or tablet sleeve and a fantastic 27 litre capacity.
Shop this outfit here!